Thursday, April 23, 2009

BIG Owie




My boy got a pretty serious owie today, hitting a pipe in the basement after a fall. Poor guy. He should probably have stitches (1-2) but I cleaned him up good and put butterfly band aids on him to hold the wound closed. I did not want to get him sedated at the ER for 1 or 2 stitches. He handled it so well, but its hard seeing your kid bleeding from the head. A second head injury in 2 weeks! And Nora fell down our full flight of stairs completely the other day. These things happen at the blink of an eye. I'm a good mom...but sometimes you just can't get there fast enough and I feel awful!

Anyway, it closed pretty good and is healing nicely now. The blood you see in the picture is the actual width of the wound! But it pulled together. OH, the picture has his lizard lip chapstick from Grandma that he is attached to, he didn't mind me taking a picture of "it" but not his owie. So that's that.