Monday, February 16, 2009

He never disappoints

So I am taking this season, this leave of absence, as a waiting time on God to hear from Him (which was the original intention anyway). But being intentional about learning what true waiting is, that's a different story.

One thing I am doing is finally reading "Waiting on God" by Andrew Murray, a classic. Its one of those little devotional books you read again and again. God speaks to me daily through the short readings. Let me quote just one of many pages (and if I get going I'll end up typing the whole book right here in my blog!)

Page 25
"Waiting continually on the one true God in entire dependence upon Him is the only ture religion. it is the one unalterable and all-comprehensive expression of our true relationship to the One in whom we live. Let us resolve once and for all that it will be the one characteristic of our life and worship to continually, humbly, and honestly wait on God. We may rest assured that the One who made us for Himself that He might give himself to us and dwell in us will never disappoint us. in waiting on Him we will find rest and joy and strength and the supply of every need.

My soul, wait only on God!

I would like to elaborate but really, I cannot say it better than Murray. But I can say that I am experiencing this and I believe that the past 4 years have been preparation to really learn this truth. I don't claim to know waiting on God, but it is a focus of my heart and a lifelong aim. But i do hope the waiting comes more naturally to my soul, and that is what I see happening.

Because...in everything I've gone through in the past few years...God is faithful. God truly never disappoints. And there are ALWAYS blessings beyond what I could even think up asking for...He is a good and giving God and since I have seen it over and over, its coming a bit easier to just wait in trials and times looking for life direction. What a peaceful place to rest in our Rock...our God who does not change. He will always be Good.