Saturday, January 24, 2009

Relief

My dear sweet Nora got a nasty cold from her big brother. As Elliot did at Nora's age, she stopped nursing for a day. But UNLIKE her brother she decided to take a sippy cup with pumped milk. Well wahoo for me I thought, this is my chance! And my Nora has not nursed in a week. I am thrilled. Why you ask? Especially if you are a mother that nursed...because almost every mother I talk to finds nursing to be a bonding, sweet, special unique time. Me? I hated it with Elliot and I disliked it with Nora too. I can't explain it other than the fickleness of my nursers was frustrating to say the least. And now? I feel free. And what's odd...i feel closer to Nora than I ever have before. I did the same thing with Elliot. When he weaned I bonded with him.

Anyway, all this to say I feel incredibly free and am very excited. I will pump for her for as long as I feel like it (its extremely easy for me) and the best part is that Matt and I are going to leave the kids with grandparents asap and get away! :) I can't even imagine that. And my getting a job will be even easier now leaving the kids. I feel God in all this, the tiny details of life, helping us on our way. I am grateful.