The last four weekends we have traveled to various churches sharing our passion and teaching about M's. Its been a lot of travel and I am happy to write that our long travels have come to an end! We still have lots of meetings and dinners to schedule...but living out of our car is done! The kids have been fabulous little travelers.
Elliot is talking a lot, and its really fun to hear him pick up more and more vocabulary every day. It allows me to see more of his personality and Matt and I are smitten. He is such a kind, tender little guy. He is always asking for hugs and kisses and telling us he loves us. He is polite and curious. Matt says "No Way Jose" all the time, and Elliot now says "No Way Horsie". Hee. He also sings a lot of songs and makes up songs. I think he dances just about everywhere he goes. His latest obsession is pumpkins. Potty learning is going fine. He stays dry and clean when he wants to, which is about 90% of the time. But with all the transition sometimes we go places and he just thinks "forget it!" and I have finally come to a place of patience and not worrying about that...i mean the little guy is going through enough! I'm quite proud of him. He says "I'm a big boy" and "I do it all myself" pretty frequently. I will miss this age, 2.5 is the best age yet!
Nora is 6 months now. She has enjoyed sweet potatoes and avocado this week as her first solid foods. She is working on crawling...but does get around regardless. If she sees something, especially toes, she goes pretty fast. Gotta watch those toes, especially Matt's...cuz she will beeline for them and explore. She loves spashing empatically in the bath, and is just a happy little baby always laughing and growling. She makes kind of a ridiculous screaming noise that is happy...but sounds pretty screechy. I think I got a girly girl on my hands! She is sitting up perfectly well and of course puts every single thing in her mouth to explore. She's a real sweetheart and very loving. She scoots up to me and pulls on my pantleg and smiles up at me as if to say, "I'm ready to be picked up now!". So my blogging ends.
Personally I'm doing alright. I've exhausted myself at times, trying to do too much, and then feeling like I'm spread to thin with everyone. As time passes I put pressure on myself to spend every mintue connecting with friends. I always enjoy it...but I am tired. All the traveling and living out of suitcases and not being in our own home has taken its toll on me. But i'm finding ways to rest and talk with the Lord. Lots of excercise is also helping. I have had some pretty down days but for the most part I know the Lord's strength has brought us through this hectic time. I did however blackout last week, a seizure of sorts perhaps, with being so out of whack nutritionally and hormonally probably. I'm fine though. It was real fun laying on the floor of Cracker Barrell in front of a ton of strangers and a scared 2 year old. Elliot will tell you the whole story...he was a great help, especially praying over me and giving me kisses. :)
I hope to post some pictures soon. Please feel free to write us anytime, I know our blogging has been nill...but we still want to stay in touch.