Yup, that's right. We finished our intensive time of learning and have transitioned to a little house in the woods with our good friends J&N. Its beautiful here. Yesterday I read John 15 as we are around vineyards (such powerful symoblism, it is an experience of worship) and then watched a little hummingbird on a branch and then I talked to him and he came flying right up to me! This is a needed time of rest and we are enjoying this very much.
I also have a good picture analogy going for myself...I, as most women, try and be the best wife/mother/friend and my cup not only gets empty, but i get holes in my cup. So i keep trying to go and go and end up leaking all over. If I take little moments to fill my cup, it can then overflow to others. But when I don't do that, I defeat the purpose of serving those I love in the first place. So yesterday I made myself take a time out and after just a little time to myself, I was like a totally different person. This is one of the things I learned more deeply in our learning time this month. I mean, its something I knew cognitively, but didn't implement it like I should...and i will need practice in listening to my needs! I grew up with JOY (Jesus, Others, You) as most Christians in my generation did/were taught. But i'm not so sure I agree with that. If we don't take care of ourselves we'll have nothing to give to others...