Monday, June 23, 2008

Humbled by Hugs




Its been over a week since we set foot on US soil and its been a good one! We spent the first couple days with Matt's family and the next couple days with my Brother's family, visiting my parents as well. I have been organizing like crazy (living in so many places) but in between soaking in the relationships that build between grandchildren and family. Its what I've been waiting for...and I can't put into words the fun we have had in the midst of chaos! I am feeling a bit more organized now.

Saturday we arrived at one of our home bases in WI, and its fabulous. We are hosted by a couple that has been incredibly supportive in every way possible, and its an honor to be here. Not to mention the spacious room we have been given to plop.

Yesterday was our homecoming to our sending church, Nora's dedication, my Mom's birthday and a homecoming party, as well as a MOST meeting. It was a full day but I was humbled by hugs. We felt so loved and I was overwhelmed but not how you might think in a busy day...it was good, my cup overflows and I know Matt feels the same. We are looking forward to connecting with this family on more one to one basis. I will never forget this day...and the hard work of everyone involved did not go unnoticed.

The kids are doing wonderful, and we are as well. I am loving the freedom of driving again. Matt left for Canada for a core course early this morning so I am without him this week. I will miss him. His birthday is Tuesday, #27!

I also feel a spiritual lift since I've come here...and although I didn't even realize the heaviness of our London home...I am all the more experiencing the refuge and refreshment of "home".

Praises to God from Whom all these blessings flow. He is the Hug that humbles me the most.